Model AE-03-250 is a teardown Allison 250 turboshaft engine mounted on a mobile stand. The Allison 250 is a very popular turboshaft engine and its simple design makes it a valuable training aid. The mobile stand allows easy positioning of the engine during work and includes casters that allow convenience in moving the engine as desired.
The AE-03-250 teardown engine provides hands-on training for student on the disassembly and re-assembly of engine parts and sections. The students can gain a thorough familiarization with engine construction, assembly, and operation. The students can also perform engine inspections in conjunction with our Model AE-04-250 Allison 250 engine cutaway.
- Six-Stage Axial Compressor
- Centrifugal Impeller
- Combustion Chamber: Single Can with Single Burner
- Compressor Turbine: 2 Stage Axial
- Power Turbine: 2 Stage Axial with 5.8:1 reduction gear
- Layout: Twin Spool Turboshaft with combined accessory and output gearbox
- Cutaway Engine is mounted on a mobile stand.
The teardown engine can be supplied with a high quality computer based training (CBT) courseware at an additional cost. The CBT covers the turboshaft engine construction and operation in detail with rich multimedia contents. The CBT may be used by students for self paced learning, and it may also be used by instructors to present high quality graphics and animations during the classroom lecture.