The Runnable Auxiliary Power Trainer Model AE-21 is a combination of an operational APU from a large airplane and computer based training (CBT). This combination not only provides hands-on training, but also reinforces the knowledge gained in classroom lectures. The APU is mounted on a mobile stand with all relevant controls and accessories that facilitate the operation of the APU.
- Power Output: 160 bhp
- RPM: 40,800
- Compressor: Two-stage Centrifugal Impellers
- Combustion Chamber: Reverse Flow Can Type with Single Burner
- Turbine: Radial Inflow Impeller
- Starting: Electric Starter
- Ignition: High Energy
- Fuel System: Gear Pump with Centrifugal Governor, Acceleration and Temperature Controls
- Lubrication System: Return Dry-Sump with engine driven Oil
- Cooler and Blower
- Layout: Single spool with reduction gearbox, output speed 6,000 rpm.
1st stage and 2nd stage single-entry impellers pressed and pinned on shaft supported in plain bearing at front and in ball bearing at rear. Radial diffuser.pressure ratio 3.3:1, and air mass flow 2.0lb. sec, at 40,800 rpm.
Electro-pneumatic type. Automatic starting. Acceleration, load and speed controls. Pneumatic exhaust temperature limiter.
Reverse air flow. 1 duplex fuel burner.
AiResearch integral fuel system.Pump, 230 psi, governor, internal relief valve, and flow control.
Radial inflow type. Turbine wheel with integral shaft supported in 2 ball bearings ahead of wheel. Exhaust temperature 1310 F (710C)
Bendix-Seintilla or G.L.A. ignition. 1igniter.
Fixed area single exhaust outlet.
Dry sump system, 90 psi air cooled oil cooler, tank.
Reduction gearbox at front of unit. Output shaft 6,000 rpm.
31 L x 30 D x 25 H Inches
Rating Max cont.
160shp/40,800 rpm/sea level.