AeroTrain Corp. Model AE-32 Turboshaft engine trainer is a runnable Allison 250 engine (or its military equivalent T63 engine) mounted on a mobile stand capable of full operation through a console. It provides a cost-effective training resource for hands-on training in any AMT program. The trainer comes with all the necessary instrumentation and controls to run the engine.
The engine is mounted with all necessary electrical wiring, engine accessories, controls, and instruments that are needed for running the engine. The students may also be trained to remove and replace parts for field level maintenance practice.
Engine is mounted on a portable stand with casters,with complete starting system and a serviceable NiCad battery. As an option in Model AE-32-A, engine controls console is mounted on a separate moveable stand.
The engine trainer may be mounted on wheels for easy mobility as shown above. For fixed installations, the trainer is provided with heavy duty vibration and shear mounts to absorb vibrations.
The trainer is supplied with comprehensive documentation comprising of electrical schematics, user manual,training manual, and computer based training (CBT).
AE-32-250-1: Allison 250 engine on a run-up stand with integrated controls.AE-32-250-2: Allison 250 engine on a run-up stand with operation console, connected through umbilical cord.
- Power Output: 317 Bhp (C18) 420 Bhp (C20)
- RPM: 52,000 (Compressor) 35,000 Power Turbine, O/P Shaft 6,000 rpm
- Compressor: 6 Stage Axial with Bleed Valve + Centrifugal Impeller
- Combustion Chamber: Single Can with Single Burner, Rear Mounted Side Entry
- Compressor Turbine: 2 Stage Axial
- Power Turbine: 2 Stage Axial with 5.8:1 reduction gear
- Layout: Twin Spool Turboshaft with combined accessory and output gearbox
- Starting: Starter Generator
- Ignition: High energy ignitor
- Fuel System: Separate Fuel Pump, Filter, Gas generator, Governor, and Power Turbine Governor
- Oil System: Return System with Pressure and Scavenge pumps, External Oil Cooler and Tank.
- Weight: 158 Lbs
- Dimensions: 41 L x 21 D x 24 H Inches
- Applications: Helicopters Jet Ranger, OH58, AS355, BO 105, A109
Model AE-32 Turboshaft Engine Trainer Specifications;
Complete and operational Allison 250-C18 / T63-A-700 gas turbine engine with all necessary engine mounted accessories as below :
- Bleed Valve
- Anti-Ice Valve
- Ignition Unit
- Ignition Harness
- Fuel Pump
- Fuel Tank
- Oil Tank
- Throttle Control Lever
- Associated Electrical System
- Type: dual spool, free turbine turbo-shaft
- Inlet: Axial with fixed inlet guide vanes
- Compressor: Mixed flow; six stage axial, 1 stage centrifugal
- Burner: Single can reverse flow combustor
- Turbine: dual spool; two stage gas producer, two stage free power turbine
- Exhaust: upward facing, dual exhaust diffuser
- Power Rating: 317 shaft horsepower at 6,016 rpm
- Peak Torque Output: 425 lb/ft at 1,500 rpm
- Weight: 143 lbs.
- Power/weight: 2.2:1
- Air mass flow: 3.0 lbs/sec
- Compression Ratio: 6.2:1 at 51,000 rpm
- Maximum TIT: 1850 degrees F
- Specific Fuel Consumption: .70 lb/shp/hr